SNUG AS A BUG - January BJP cuff
Here's Dozi Dormouse tucked up in her nest with lots of goodies in case she wakes up and feels peckish! She's surrounded by snow and frost but is nice and cosy. She represents how I feel at this time of year. I much prefer to be warm at home and see the snow through the window! Luckily we haven't needed to go out for the last few days so I've had plenty of time to finish my January piece.
I used 15s for the mouse (and black thread for a few whiskers) and wove beads round and round to make the nest. The food stores are embroidered with 15s, 11s, bugles, crystals, beads that look like berries and picasso beads which look like nuts. I've scattered leaves all over it. The 'snow' is embroidered with a variety of clear, white, pearl and silver beads and I've added a fringe of bugle 'frost' at the centre. The base is grey ultrasuede. I stuck the back piece onto the aluminium cuff, used clips to hold the embroidered front in place and then joined the two together with a brick stitch edging. Before closing the cuff, I lightly padded the mouse so she has shape and texture.
 |
| I actually remembered to take a photo while the unfinished piece was still flat! |
 |
| The cuff is light and comfortable to wear |
 |
| Nut store (picasso beads) |
 |
| berry store |
 |
| Out in the garden, but she still looks snug and warm |
 |
| Real snow! |
Wow,April! Dozi, dozing away in her snug little hidey-hole, is just adorable. I want to pet her and stroke her little whisker. You've certainly captured the feeling of wanting to keep inside, snug and warm, when it's cold and snowing outside. I love her cute little nose, paws, and ears too. Well done!
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention:
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to add a little padding under Dozi.
Great photos. Glad you did one flat and one on your wrist.
The snow looks great too and the bugle bead frost.
So cute. Lovely photos showing the detail
ReplyDeleteJust adore the nut store and the berry store and the contrast between Dozi and all the texture of her nest and the smooth patterns in the snow. The detail really shows up in your photos :)
ReplyDeleteApril, your design is absolutely unique and wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for the lovely comments and encouragement!
DeleteLucky little Doormouse! You gave her the perfect environment for her winter sleep.
ReplyDeletevery fun you are alwaya so innovative. I love that you are in for 20013
ReplyDelete