JULY PEACOCK BUTTERFLY CUFF!
July is the month of butterflies - the one on my fingertips is a gorgeous Peacock. My beaded one doesn't do it justice. I wish now I'd bought more 15s and shaded the colours on the wings properly, but I used what I had in my stash to create the effect. The cuff is covered with black ultrasuede and the butterfly drapes rather nicely over it. I was going to stitch it down all round, but changed my mind as there is some movement of the wings and it looks as if it's just landed on my wrist. The cuff is comfortable to wear, but the painted wire antennae are rather vulnerable!
| The real thing! |
For Lies:
ReplyDeleteI'm so delighted that you like my butterfly enough to keep encouraging me to post it here! Not entirely my fault. I tried, but there was a Google blip and I kept getting an error message. In fact one of my previous photos disappeared from the blog too. Anyway, I've managed it now. Thank you again for your lovely comments.
Dear April, I cannot remember the exact words which couldn't pass the google censorship... but summerized: I like the butterfly and maybe the colors aren't exact as in nature, but that is allowed to an artist! (artistical freedom!)I'm glad you could place it in your blog. huisvlijtigliesje.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteMany thanks Lies. I don't think the 'blip' had anything to do with your comment. It seems ok now.
DeleteHello, April, my comment on this lovely butterfly is on the BJP site, and you have already replied to it. I am coming back here because I don't know how else to reach you. Just wanted to let you know that I provided a link to your blog in my today's blogpost, i.e. the concluding post on cactus blossoms (there's a third bloom now) and hover flies.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice Sunday,
Sabine
Thank you very much Sabine. I'm coming over to your blog to have a look.
Delete