AUGUST CUFF
I was given this little silver hedgehog charm last Christmas - with the challenge to create something with it! I love the delightful 'Nature' piece which Robin made for last year's BJP, and that has been my inspiration.
The background is a photo of leaves in our garden printed onto cotton fabric. The tiny 'log' is a twig which I split in half and stuck in place. The hedgie is both stuck on and secured with stitches. The beading (hopefully) looks like a bit of woodland floor. A cobweb hung with a few tiny crystals connects the ferns with the mushroom and greenery on the opposite side.
The metal cuff is covered with dark green ultrasuede. I used craft scissors to make a decorated edge. They cut paper and card easily, but are not so successful on fabric.
The real hedgehog visits our garden most evenings. He spotted a tasty-looking dog biscuit left on the lawn and made short work of it for his supper!
Love the bracelet. And that hedgehog is just too adorable!
ReplyDeleteThe silver hedgehog looks quite as happy as its cousin, your garden-visitor. I adore everything about this cuff - background and all the sweet little details.
ReplyDeleteThank you both for your lovely comments. I have a very soft spot for hedgehogs. Many years ago I hand fed a baby one on goat's milk from a dropper - every 2 hours day and night until he could lap the milk himself!
DeleteOh I love it! My daughter has a hedgehog (African) named Thistle, and we just love her so much. Lovely soft colors...what's not to love here? :-)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're a hedgie lover too, Cyndi. Are African hedgies light coloured? I'm sure I've seen a gorgeous pic on the net of a tiny baby one that was nearly white. Glad you like the cuff - thanks.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet piece. Your butterfly has inspired my August leaf but i am a bit behind with posting but hopefully you will get to see it before too long :)
ReplyDeleteApril, I think the major difference is the size. Thistle's undersides are white, but her top is brindled just like your little guy. I believe the African hedgies are considerably smaller than the European ones.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cyndi. I'll have a look at some Google images.
Delete