Thursday, 30 May 2013

PEACOCK CUFF

Got a bit carried away with this one! I was given some peacock feathers and this is the result. The cuff looks quite exotic, but it's virtually impossible to wear without damaging the feather. It's destined to stay an ornament.




9 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece. Not everything beautiful is practical at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! As I said on the BPJ blog, I can just see him preening around the yard! And I can see you he would be a little difficult to wear...but he will look beautiful on the shelf!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a beautiful and fun piece of art! I say horray for getting carried away!!! I hope that same creative whimsical spirit visit you often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee-you-tea-full!!! I like the use of one feather as part of the tail and almost in the shape of the tail. Wonderful. Huisvlijtigliesje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely magnificent! Sometimes you have to make a piece just because, and not to wear. This is a perfect example!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are all so encouraging and supportive. It gives me the courage to experiment and have fun!
      A big thank you.

      Delete
  6. Impractical, maybe, but absolutely genius in the making of it. You used so many different media (Angelina, polymer clay, real feather, felt, beads...) and pulled them all together marvelously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi April, where is your beautiful butterfly?? I love it! huisvlijtigliesje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so delighted that you like my butterfly enough to keep encouraging me to post it here!
      Not entirely my fault. I tried, but there was a Google blip and I kept getting an error message.
      In fact one of my previous photos disappeared from the blog too. Anyway, I've managed it now.
      Thank you again for your lovely comments.

      Delete