MORE INSECT MAGIC!
These gorgeous orange tip butterflies (Anthocharis cardamines) have been over-wintering in safety, protected from the unseasonal snow. It's a lovely sunny day and so far 9 males have emerged and gone back into the garden. A few more to go, then it will be the turn of the females who come out a bit later.
| Butterfly about to emerge |
| Here I come! |
| Settling comfortably to dry their wings |
| Nearly ready |
| Out in the garden among the primroses |
Once again I am just blown away with your work!! Wonderful pictures of the emerging butterfly! And your rhino is just fabulous!! I am a little behind on my beading but hope to get going on it again soon. Are you on Facebook...would you mind if I posted your website there? I would love to share your art with my friends! But I won't if you don't want me to...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Did you raise them or just happen to see them in your garden? I love stuff like this since I have moved to the country....thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me especially happy, April! What a lovely thing to see right in your own yard. Do you plant especially to attract butterflies?
ReplyDelete